Joe has thirty-five years of experience in general contracting and has performed every facet of managing construction from estimating and purchasing to COO. He is a born leader and has the ability to make people at ease and confident in the decisions they make together. He will dig into a problem and see it through to resolution. Joe is a “finisher” who never stops short of getting the job done correctly.
Joe worked four years as a cabinetmaker and then joined a large Kentucky general contractor as field superintendent where he rose to Vice President /Chief Operating Officer. He has managed projects ranging from industrial warehouses to banks, schools, government buildings, and water treatment facilities. He is experienced in construction scheduling software and has achieved accreditation in OSHA and NUCA safety and health requirements. Joe joined Professional Construction Consulting, Inc. in 2003.
The Mattingly family has lived in Owensboro, KY all their lives and is very active in civil, church and school activities. Joe enjoys buying and selling land and is an avid sportsman who enjoys hunting on one of his farms.
David J. “Joe” Mattingly’s CV
SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND
- Experienced in the construction industry, from estimate to completion.
- Was responsible for multiple projects at various locations, simultaneously.
- Expertly experienced in dealing with owners, architects and engineers.
- Has extensive experience in heavy construction, building construction and the water/sewer treatment plant field.
- Managed contracts where site work, underground utilities and heavy concrete construction was being self-performed.
- Has been in charge of projects ranging in size from $500,000.00 to $17,500,000.00, as general contractor.
- Formed and built a local “Award Winning” residential construction management firm.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Corporate Officer
- Vice President of Construction
- Project Manager
- General Superintendent
- Field Supervisor (Superintendent)
- Design Build Management
- Construction Management
- Purchasing Manager
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- 1973 Graduate DCHS
- Primavera Scheduling Training.
- Microsoft Project Training.
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety and Health Training Course
- NUCA Competent Person Training Program
- CPR & First Aid Training
- Commonwealth of Kentucky General Contractor’s License.
- Certified OSHA, Nuca Competent Person, and CPR & First Aide Responder.
- Certified Concealed Weapon Training Officer for Commonwealth of Kentucky.
| 2013 – Present
||Vice President, Professional Construction Consulting, Inc.
|2005 – Present
||President/Owner, Mattingly Contracting, LLC, specializing in construction management for local projects in Owensboro, Kentucky.
|2003 – 2013
||Consultant, Professional Construction Consulting, Inc., in charge of completing a $17.5 million waste water treatment facility in Smyrna, TN and the new $22.0 million Media & Technology Building for Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY.
|1990 – 2002
||Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Peters Contracting, Inc., in charge of all construction operations.
- Project Manager for the construction of a new Office addition for Premium Allied Tool located in Philpot, KY. Project cost was $1.5 M.
- Project Manager for the completion of the Riverside Warehouse Project located in Hawesville, KY. Project cost was $2.3 M.
- Project Manager overseeing Construction of Large Scale Biology’s new facilities located in Owensboro, KY. Projects totaled $6.3 M.
- Project Manager for the structural concrete on the Municipal Courthouse located in Lexington, KY. Project cost was $3.1 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of Old National Bank located in Owensboro KY. Project cost totaled $2.1 M.
- Project Manager for 17 plant retrofit Projects for Koppers Company over a 5 year period. Plants were located in multiple states. Scope included the removal of Creosote contaminated soils from each plant site. Installed slabs and drains to capture the contaminated rain water and piped to a treatment facility. Project cost over the 5 year period was $25 M.
- Project Manager for multiple projects located at the Kimberly Clark plant located in Stanley, KY. Scope included concrete foundations, underground utility work, processed piping and building erection. Project cost was $10.2 M.
- Project Manager for multiple concrete foundation packages and underground piping for Waupaca Foundry, Inc. located in Tell City, IN. Project cost was $2.6 M.
- Project Manager for building a new packaging facility for Packaging Unlimited in Owensboro, KY. Project scope included site work, underground utilities and building erection. Project cost was $2.8 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of concrete foundations and underground piping at the new Tyson Foods plant built in Sebree, KY. Project cost was $4.1 M.
- Project Manager for the Scherm Road Drainage project located in Owensboro, KY. Scope included storm piping and poured in place box culverts for eliminating flooding in the Scherm Road area. Project cost $1.8 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of concrete foundations and underground utilities at the new Poultry Plant for Perdue Farms located in Cromwell, KY. Project cost $3.6 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of an office addition at Perdue Farms in Washington, IN. Project cost $1.2 M.
- Project Manager for the structural concrete foundation package for the Pot Line 6 addition at National Southwire Aluminum in Hawesville, KY. The concrete scope included heavy foundations and slabs which totaled 33,000 yards of concrete. Project cost was $13.2 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of a truck stop located in Lewisport, KY. Project cost was $1.7 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of the Don Moore Honda store located in Owensboro, KY. Project cost was $1.5 M.
- Project Manager for the construction of an intake pumping station in Bardstown, KY. Scope included sheet piling, concrete installation and piping. Project cost was $1.5 M.
- Project Manager for the Logan Todd Regional Water and Intake structure located in Clarksville TN. Project scope consisted of a concrete pump station 80’ below ground, a control building with piping and controls and directional boring under a main highway into the Cumberland River. Scope also included underwater dynamite blasting to make way for the intake piping and intake screen. Project cost was $3.8 M.
- Project Manager for the processing plant renovation for Perdue Farms in Concord, NC. Project cost $2.4 M.
Project Manager for a structural concrete tank foundation package located at the Biokyowa, Inc facility located in Cape Girardeau, MO. Project cost $1.5 M.
|1987 – 1990
||Senior Project Manager, Peters Contracting, Inc. Promoted from Field Supervisor to home office, supervising several Field Supervisors.
- Project Manager: Building Expansion for Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc. located in Madisonville KY. for a cost of $1.8 M.
- Project Manager for completing the East and West Elementary Schools simultaneously in Owensboro KY. Construction cost totaled $9.1 M.
|1977 – 1987
||Peters Contracting Inc. Field Supervisor.
- Field Supervisor for the Construction of KY Wesleyan College’s new Health & Recreation Building for a cost of $4.2 M.
- Field Supervisor for a 4 story addition (structural concrete) to Lady Mercy Hospital in Owensboro KY.
- Field Supervisor for Cypress Point Apartment complex located in Owensboro, KY. Scope included 120 Apartments with 10% of the units being section 8 housing. Project cost was $5.2 M.
- Field Supervisor for the construction of Three elderly housing complexes. Buildings were 5 stories tall with poured in place concrete “post” tensioned frames. The exterior consisted of dryvit panels made off site and shipped to the site for easy erection with a crane. The 3 Buildings were located in Owensboro KY, Henderson KY and Fort Knox KY. Project cost was $12.3 M.
- Field Supervisor for the construction of an Office Building for Commonwealth Aluminum located in Hawesville, KY. Project cost was $1.8 M.
- Livermore, KY Water Treatment Plant Project cost $1.3 M.
- Calhoun, KY Water Treatment Plant Expansion. Project cost $1.2. M.
|1973 – 1977
||Journeyman Cabinetmaker, Custom Cabinet Shop, Inc., Owensboro, Kentucky.
Owensboro Home Builder’s Association:
- Member of Board of Directors since 2011.
- Serve on Executive Committee.
- Sergeant at Arms – 2013.
- Vice President – 2014.
- President Elect – 2015.
- Past Chairman of Parade of Homes Event/
- Present Chairman of “Sporting Clays Scholarship Event.”
- Served on several other fund raising / scholarship committees.
Received “Judge’s Award” (highest award possible in KY) for 2013 Design and Construct entry for a Home in the Commonwealth of Kentucky State-wide contest.
Service and Civic Involvement
Serve on Budget and Finance Committee for the Heritage Baptist Church, Owensboro, KY.